On-Call position under the general direction of the
Group and Mentor Supervisor. Responsible for facilitation of youth support
groups (ages 21 and younger) to ensure quality outcomes, permanency of children
placed in group care, foster and adoptive homes as well as those considering
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Establishes rapport and effective working relationship with youth to
effectively and successfully assist them through the adoption process and
- Responsible for assigned groups set curriculum; identifying additional
essential needs/services and communicating to the coordinator; following up, as necessary.
- Conducts youth support groups on an ongoing basis and continues to
develop group facilitation skills through reading, participation in seminars
and other educational opportunities and contacts in the field.
- Ensures completion and timely submission of required
documentation; including case notes, documenting client's progress, and goals
- Maintains materials, books, and other resources that are up-to-date for
providing age-appropriate group
facilitation and consistent with development needs.
- Maintains knowledge of program standards and policies developed by Five
Acres, licensing and other governing bodies.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding children, families,
and operations of Five Acres.
- Exercises good judgment in the performance of job duties
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in social work,
psychology or related mental health/human services field and minimum of four
(4) years of experience working in a group home setting, foster care, or
adoptions, and experience in group facilitation, required.
- Master's degree and previous experience in
adoptions with minimum two (2) years, preferred.
- Prior social services experience, preferably
with a similar client base (i.e., foster
youth, age 21 and younger).
- Working knowledge
of contemporary training techniques for children and prior teaching experience
- Previous group facilitation experience in social
services settings highly preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication
skills. Bilingual verbal and written fluency in Spanish/English communication
skills strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership as a strong role model for
appropriate actions and behaviors; and acting in support of Five Acres values.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing
- Current California driver's license and a
driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier.
- Computer skills
are sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft
Office and routine research database software.
Location: West Covina, CA