TITLE: ACCOUNTANT CLERK II
Responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties relating to the timely and accurate processing of general accounting, and ensuring these activities comply with generally accepted accounting principles, Agency policies and contracts.
- Perform reconciliation/analysis and report the result as requested by Controller
- Provide assistance as requested by Controller in the areas of A/P, A/R, and payroll.
- Inputs accounts payable into the accounting software as needed; ensures accurate general ledger account distribution of vouchers, obtains proper authorization for payment; verifies supporting expense documents; and ensures clerical accuracy of data input.
- Writes checks to vendors as needed, in accordance with Agency disbursement policies; maintains security of check stock, and undistributed checks.
- Performs Accounts Payable analysis and prepares related reports as needed.
- Performs general related office duties as required.
- Prepare bank account deposit documents and confirms deposit totals and may make bank account deposits.
- Verify that all the check/cash deposits are coded in General Ledger numbers
- Maintain the A/P allocation basis log by vendors communicating with Budget analyst
- Monitor the timeliness of all the insurance premium payments
- Print out the A/P aging report at the end of the month and reconcile with A/P GL balance
- Assists in the printing and distributing of the 1099s and distributes them to vendors annually.
- Gathers and analyzes A/R data and prepares various routine and special reports as requested.
- Develops and maintains accounting/financial skills through seminars, workshops or other forms of training/education.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding children, families, accounting data and operations of the Agency.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this job. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent must have:
- A working knowledge of accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong personal computer skills including preparation of spreadsheets and routine word processing.
- Working knowledge of accounting systems, Blackbaud preferred.
- Ability to calculate accurately and efficiently, including ten-key skills by touch.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to work independently, analyze accounting information and arrive at sound conclusions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form
- Effective organization skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively as a team player
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely, without endangering the health or safety of him/herself or others.
Location: Pasadena, CA