Full-time position available in the Residential Treatment
Program working under the general direction of the Program Manager. Responsible for supervising the cottage-based programming functions of assigned
residential cottages, including the care and supervision of the children,
performance of staff, budget monitoring and care of the cottages physical and
therapeutic environments, creating a therapeutic atmosphere for children and
ensuring all cottage activities comply with the treatment philosophy of Five
Acres., and effectively partnering with other agency staff to ensure success of
clients individual plans.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Performs supervisory duties including:
recruitment, interviewing, hiring and training department staff; manages
performance, conducts performance appraisals and recommends salary increases;
takes disciplinary measures as needed.
- Provides oversight to the physical care
and nurturing of children in residential placement; monitors daily incident
reports and responds as needed to resolve problems and concerns.
- Identifies training needs of staff;
works with the Program Manager and Training Department to develop and implement
orientation and training programs for child care staff; provides direct
orientation and training as needed.
- Ensures proper staff ratios and
oversees childcare scheduling and coverage for the cottages.
- Under the general direction of the
Director of Milieu Services coordinates the planning and implementation of
activities and programs according to children's needs; coordinates planning
with other departments as needed.
- Facilitates the development of a warm
milieu in the cottages; completes cottage inspections and monitors physical
upkeep to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and professional
standards related to the cottage as a therapeutic environment.
- Delegates and supervises daily Cottage
responsibilities so as to effect efficient operation of the Cottage, including
documentation of children's progress, activity planning, cottage treatment
program development, shopping and supply requisition.
- Consults regularly with the Unit
Clinician to identify possible needs and recommendations for additional
include, but are not limited to:
- BA degree in Social Work, Psychology or related
mental health/human services field, preferred.
- 2 years supervisory experience in a residential
treatment program for young people or similar setting required.
- Effective communication skills both
oral and written; bi-lingual skills in Spanish/English are preferred.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing
- Computer skills sufficient to meet
production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and TIER/WELLIGENT
software, and skill in maintaining detailed, accurate and complete records.
- Current California driver's license and
a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures
represented among the clients, families and staff.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures of
Location: Altadena, CA