TITLE: TRAINING MANAGER
The Training Manager partners with the Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development (HROD) to design, develop, and implement projects and programs that align the workforce with key business strategies and initiatives. Manage and implement strategic initiatives that develop and build talent in order to improve the organizational effectiveness in accomplishing goals and objectives while providing management support to general OD functions. Ensure training compliance with Agency policies, mission and strategic plan.
- Assist the DHROD in developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating agency-wide organizational development and training initiatives; and oversee the development and implementation of agency training plans for new and existing employees.
- Oversee the development and delivery of OD related programs, including but not limited to career, workforce, succession planning, supervisor leadership development programs, performance, and change management.
- Manage the creation and implementation of the Agency's leadership competencies, training program design, emerging, and future leadership development initiatives.
- Monitor the integrity of Agency-wide workshops and other programs to increase leadership skills, business acumen, innovation, organizational effectiveness, and provide continuous coaching of high potential leaders for development purposes, including conducting 360 degree feedback assessments and assistance with creating development action plans.
- Promote the creation and growth of the existing library of learning materials, and ensure quality control of materials, including lesson plans, workbooks, PowerPoints, storyboards, leader guides, scripts, and eLearning materials.
- Ensure Agency workshops, courses, and supporting materials align with instructional design methodology best practices, including but not limited to use of ADDIE or other related systems models.
- Ensure competent use of instructional design and related systems and software programs, such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Go Animate, HTML 5, Saba, Saba Publisher, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite, or comparable e-learning software.
- Manage and monitor the administrative functions of the OD department, including the Agency's learning management system, report server, and ticket system to ensure accurate reporting and internal efficiency.
- Promote effective use of data analysis techniques to interpret data into information, information into insight and insight to inform decisions on OD learning programs and logistics.
- Participate in the development and management of the annual budget for training, streamlining training systems, and reducing unnecessary costs.
- Collaborate with the DHROD on agency-wide initiatives, including Process Council, Strategic Planning, and Agency project teams to assist in the development and roll out of large scale OD training initiatives.
- Attend agency leadership meetings, including Summit, CQI, and Process Council as necessary.
incumbent in this position may manage 1-2 staff. And as a professional trainer, he/she is expected to provide leadership in their areas of expertise throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated training skills, preferably in a human/social service environment with prior experience in training staff working in direct service, clinical, and supervisory jobs.
- Knowledge of the child welfare/mental healthcare programs.
- Strong project management skills, including use of project management software.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of contemporary training techniques for adults.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff.
- Very effective communication skills both oral and written in order to teach and speak in public as well as prepare training documents, write comprehensive reports, and similar.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and meet the Agency's safe driver guidelines.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as part of a team.
Typically, these skills and experience are the result of a degree in a related area (e.g., social work or other behavioral science) and substantial experience as a trainer in a similar organization. A related master's degree is preferred.
Location: Altadena, CA