TRAINING CURRICULUM DESIGNER
The Training Curriculum Designer partners with the Director of Training to design, develop, and implement projects and programs that align the workforce with key business strategies and initiatives. Responsible for planning, organizing, and conducting training programs including needs assessments, designing curriculum, classroom delivery, program evaluation, and facilitating group training.
- Perform needs analyses using ADDIE or other related systems model to review organization resources to support learning needs based upon projected competencies, organizational changes, and other external factors, as well as the near- and long-term goals of the organization.
- Develop and deliver organizational development related programs, including but not limited to career, workforce, succession planning, and facilitate supervisor leadership development training.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Agency's leadership competencies and support with any other talent management, organizational design, effectiveness, and leadership development initiatives as needed.
- Increase the existing library of learning materials, prepare, and presents lesson plans, course materials, using contemporary training methods; assigns training curriculum to current and new hires based on individual or group needs, including new hire orientation.
- Utilize instructional design and related systems and software programs, such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Go Animate, HTML 5, Saba, Saba Publisher, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite, or comparable e-learning software.
- Design and facilitate workshops and other programs to build leadership skills, business acumen, innovation, organizational effectiveness, and provide continuous coaching of high potential leaders for development purposes including conducting 360 degree feedback assessments and assistance with creating development action plans.
- Collaborates with team members to schedule and coordinate all identified OD programs and training, e.g. schedules location, date/time, materials, preparing training schedules, maintaining training calendars, attendance records, and ordering refreshments.
- Assists in maintaining and monitoring the Agency's Learning Management System, including formatting and running of training reports as requested by supervisor, and use data analysis techniques to interpret data into information, information into insight and insight to inform decisions on OD learning programs and logistics.
- Partner with the Agency supervisors to create, maintain, and evaluate training plans in accordance with regulations, compliance and contract standards.
- Collects compiles and reports results of evaluations, attendance, and participant data, and communicate session data and reports as needed.
- Creates marketing and communication plans for OD initiative and identify opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the department's programs or processes.
- Develops and maintains adult education and training skills through seminars, workshops, or other external training/education.
- Maintains confidentiality; communicates difficult or sensitive information tactfully to all levels of the agency personnel, attend and participate in team meetings.
Bachelor's degree; plus two (2) years' experience in developing content for classroom and e-learning modalities.
- 2 years'experience in the Mental Health related field preferred.
- Experience in facilitation, instructional design, performance improvement and project management.
- OD principles and practice, especially in talent management and leadership and organization development.
- Theories, practices, and principles of adult learning including curriculum design and implementation.
- Interpret, apply and communicate a variety of complex policies, procedures, and regulations and communicate same when training.
- Adapt and communicate information to a wide range of audiences and situations with adult learners presenting at different skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Learn quickly and apply the fundamentals necessary to plan, organize, conduct and evaluate group-training activities.
- Write and edit training materials and develop audio/visual aids and other instructional material.
- Speak effectively and convey ideas clearly while leading group discussions and training sessions.
- Establish rapport and cooperative relationships with representatives of other divisions, departments and agencies and subject matter specialists.
- Exercise sound judgment in assessing training needs and in providing training to meet the needs of a variety of adult learners.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training and adjust it to improve results.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and meet the Agency's safe driver guidelines.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet demands of the job including Microsoft Office, various training, project management and presentation software.
Location: Altadena, CA
Acres is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Therefore, the Agency does not discriminate, and does
not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees or applicants
because of race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices),
creed, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or
related legally protected medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender
identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning
or have transitioned) and sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic
information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status,
age (40 and over), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or