PRIVATE HEALTH CARE REHABILITATION SPECIALIST, ON-CALLSUMMARY:
This position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating Mental Health services; working with children, young adults and families to implement treatment techniques to resolve issues identified in the treatment plan.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Provides therapeutic skill building services to children, young adults, and families as measured by supervision, direct observation and/or functional behavior assessments using a team and community-based approach.
- Continually assesses the needs and symptoms of clients and families (meets medical necessity), gathering history, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of intervention (individual, family, group, supportive, outreach etc).
- Submits timely documentation as related to the caseload for the program, maximizing billing according to caseload notes.
- Continually assesses client progress and modifies treatment/services via completion and submission of outcome measures.
- Accurately documents all work with client and/or family and/or relevant persons as measured by QA standards and peer review audit results.
- Participates in clinical/case supervision by coming prepared to discuss current caseload, documentation and productivity; accepts constructive feedback and direction; and puts feedback into clinical and or therapeutic practice with clients.
- Establishes and maintains rapport and effective working relationships with clients, families, and community; works effectively within the PHC position and community at large.
- Advocating and/or ensuring accompaniment for clients (court, medical, mediation, medication, and with employers on PHC visits) with the goal to ensure satisfactory placement of children and young adults in a safe, permanent, and stable home setting.
- Maintains knowledge of program standards and policies as developed by Five Acres, COA, Community Care Licensing and other governing bodies; develops personal and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the art practices; participating in in-service programs.
- Maintains confidentiality over all information regarding clients, families, and operations of the Agency.
- Incorporates Agency philosophy and mission in all aspects of job performance.
- Maintains professional relationship with clients, staff, and other outside stake holders at all times.
- Exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities
- Submits timely documentation (progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart) as outlined in policy (refer to Progress/Case Note Submission Policy).
- During transition period, will carry cases among more than one program.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree plus four years' full-time paid experience, or Associates degree plus six years full-time paid experience, working in a mental or behavior health setting.
- Prior experience with a medical provider or performing Wraparound model of care is preferred.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and meet the Agency's safe driver guidelines.
- Availability of a personal car with appropriate insurance which employee is willing to use for all Agency business, if needed; adhering to federal motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
- Working knowledge of the family patterns, child-rearing practices, special needs, traditions and values of the ethnic and cultural groups served by the program.
- Working knowledge of the methods involved in organizing recreation activities.
- Ability to pass and utilize the Pro Act physical restraint system.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing environment.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and TIER/WELLIGENT software for program notes.
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings, nights and weekends.
- Strong problem solving skills
Location: West Covina, CA
Acres is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Therefore, the Agency does not discriminate, and does
not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees or applicants
because of race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices),
creed, color, sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or
related legally protected medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender
identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning
or have transitioned) and sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic
information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status,
age (40 and over), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, any other
basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or