Private Health Care is an intensive team-based program providing community-based mental health services to
clients and families. Candidates working within the Private Health Care program
have the opportunity to collaborate with Psychiatrists, Therapists, Case
Managers, and Rehab Specialists as part of their treatment team. Candidates
with experience working as part of teams and providing community-based mental health services are encouraged to apply!
CASE MANAGER - PRIVATE HEALTH CARE (Bilingual Spanish Preferred)
Full-time (40-hours/week) position under the general direction of the Private Health Care Supervisor. Responsible for Leadership to the PHC Team to ensure clients receive appropriate case management and advocacy service in accordance with identified needs. Case management, counseling and advocacy services to assigned clients.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Makes initial contact with assigned clients; completes community based visits, full case assessments, and develops individual service plans that include goals, objectives and milestones.
- Completes Client Treatment Plan and ensure PHC team adheres to plan of care.
- Schedules and facilitates monthly treatment progress meetings with PHC team, PHC Provider Team, client and family.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with PHC team, PHC Provider, and community organizations; locates and refers clients to appropriate community services; coordinates contacts and visits; escorts clients to referral appointments with emphasis in PHC provider when applicable.
- Accurately documents all work with client and/or family and/or relevant persons as measured by QA standards and peer review audit results.
- Communicates with professional and paraprofessional staff regarding available community services and resources; effectively matches services and resource needs of clients and families.
- Provides periodic service plan updates; monitors service plan activities and follows-up with referral agencies regarding client progress to ensure client outcomes.
- Maintains appropriate documentation though case notes and service plan information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Completes service completion or termination summary reports according to agency guidelines.
- Communicates with treatment team members (i.e. attorney, CSW, family members, agency volunteers, CASA workers, auxiliary treatment programs, school personnel, etc.) as necessary to coordinate service plan services and communicate clients' needs; documents services and communications.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree plus two (2) years' full-time paid experience, or Associates degree plus four (4) years full-time paid experience, working in a mental or behavior health setting.
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred
- Prior experience with a medical provider or performing Wraparound model of care is preferred.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, proof of automobile insurance and meet the Agency's safe driver guidelines.
- Availability of a personal car with appropriate insurance which employee is willing to use for all Agency business, if needed; adhering to federal motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written; bi-lingual skills in Spanish/English is preferred.
Location: El Monte, CA