TITLE: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Responsible for providing medication, treatment,
support and rehabilitation services to all residents
1. Administers medications as authorized and scheduled; monitors residents for concerns relative to medication; discusses side effects with psychiatrist when necessary to determine if changes should be made.
2. Complies with productivity standards of the Agency and maintains an appropriate caseload to reach the budgeted daily expectation of billable hours. (refer to Productivity Policy)
3. Submits timely documentation (progress notes, assessments, treatment plans, notes to chart) as outlined in policy and measured via productivity reports (refer to Progress/Case Note Submission Policy).
4. Educates and communicates with residents on the potential benefits and side effects of medication.
5. Follows up on health care as prescribed by physician/nurse; works with residents to develop their awareness and understanding of their symptoms; makes suggestions to help them work through their fears (e.g., shots) by providing information and support.
6. Completes medical assessments; records history and vital signs; determines whether resident is under the care of a physician; and gathers related information.
7. Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with residents.
8. Provides supervision, protection and care to children confined individually or in small groups.
9. Assists Health Services Supervisor with administration and maintenance of resident immunizations and inputs appropriate data into the California Immunization Registry when needed.
10. Assists in the administration of tuberculosis screening and is responsible for reading and recording results of screening.
11. Provides safe, punctual transportation for residents to and from medical/dental appointments; supervises children while on community appointments when needed.
12. Maintains/controls assigned medication supplies; monitors and maintains records in accordance with Agency policies, FDA requirements, and contracts; coordinates prescriptions, delivery of medications; destruction of medications, maintains/controls supply of injection supplies for administering medications.
13. Ensures complete and accurate documentation of services provided to resident for contract compliance, statistical and financial reporting and other purposes as necessary.
14. Participates in providing 24 hour emergency/on-call services and provides crisis intervention services as needed; assesses risk factors that may threaten children' safety and responds appropriately and within guidelines should risk escalate or abuse occur.
15. Assists families in the acquisition of independent living skills; i.e. proper administration of medications, seeking out and utilizing medical community resources.
16. Responds appropriately to incidents and problems that arise in order to de-escalate them as quickly as possible; uses crisis intervention skills and participates in physical interventions as necessary and in accordance with Agency policies and procedures.
17.Incorporates Agency philosophy and mission in all aspects of job description.
18. Attends and participates in department staff, supervision, and support meetings, and in-service programs, consultations and Agency meetings as appropriate.
19. Receives feedback with commitment to on-going refinement and professional growth.
20. Maintains confidentiality regarding children, families and operations of the Agency.
21. Exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and responsibilities.
Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00 am - 2:30 pm.
Location: Altadena, CA