HOME STUDY SPECIALIST
Full-time (40 hours/week) position under the
general direction of the Permanency Program Division Director. Responsible for conducting home studies on prospective foster parents as
well as matched home studies for prospective adoptive parents. Responsible for
providing consultation to parents and professionals during the matching process
while adhering to county and state licensing requirements.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts studies, including home visits, on
prospective foster and adoptive families to access their potential suitability
as foster or adoptive parents.
to the SAFE fost/adopt home study requirements.
- Provides support services to prospective foster
families, including home visits, consultation and referrals of community
- Participates in pre-placement meetings with DCFS
and perspective fost/adopt families.
- Participates as a treatment team member in agency
case review meetings associated with the home study process
- Establishes and maintains rapport and effective
working relationships with child(ren) and families and works effectively within
the agency and social work community at large.
- Maintains knowledge of program standards and
policies as developed by Five Acres, Community Care Licensing and other
governing bodies; develops personal and professional knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal
networks, benchmarking state of the art practices and participating in in
- Monitors prospective foster parents' activities
to ensure compliance with all program standards and policies.
requirements include, but not limited to:
- MSW required, ASW or LCSW preferred.
- Prior training in the SAFE HOME study process
- Understanding of DCFS and the foster care system
- Availability and willingness to work varied
hours, evenings and weekends
- Bilingual English and Spanish highly preferred
- Prior work experience in a Foster Family Agency
(FFA) program preferred
- Understanding of adoption preferred
- Prior knowledge of CCL Title 22 Regulations
Location: El Monte, CA