DIRECTOR OF CONTRACTS AND POLICY
(40-hours/week) position under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsible for providing guidance to Senior Leadership Team and agency leaders
for contract development, compliance, and utilization, maintain agency contract
and policy management system, develop, communicate, and manage agency policies
and procedures. Coordinate, draft, negotiate, evaluate, and monitor all agency
contracts with various Federal, State and Local Municipalities, such as
Department of Mental Health and Department of Children and Family Services.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Serve as the liaison between Five Acres and contractors
to ensure contract close-out, extension, and renewals. Additionally, assist in
resolving any contract related issues and advocate in the best interest of the
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all
relevant parties to provide contract visibility, awareness, and interpretation
to support implementation.
- Study contracts to gain technical/working understanding
of contracts, fiscal compliance provisions, outcome measures and related correspondence;
communicate contract status and analysis to all levels of the organization.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation, such as
receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact
information sheets, contractual changes, status reports, and other required
- Create and manage an agency contracts file share to
centralize, archive/warehouse, and update contracts and related information
- Provide guidance and support on contract and policy
matters to Senior Leadership Team and agency leaders.
- Develop and implement procedures for policy management
and administration in compliance with company agency needs.
- Oversees the agency's Council on Accreditation process
and ensure adherence to issued standards, which includes leading the
- Work with Finance team to provide contract parameters for
financial analysis and budgeting process.
- Serve as the lead in the RFP/RFSQ submission process and
support program management in developing proposal budget, narratives, and
operational scenarios for contract and grants funding/renewal/reapplication
- Support Agency Brand to ensure company products and
services are offered with an aligned message.
- Prepares, maintains and submits all assigned documentation
and reports in a timely manner; maintains confidentiality in all matters of
Agency personnel, operations and clients.
- Ensures confidentiality regarding children, families and
operations of the Agency.
- Exercises good judgment in the performance of duties and
include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Highly organized and has project management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills sufficient to work
collaboratively with leaders across various programs and departments.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Financial skills sufficient to effectively develop
contract analysis and participate in the development of financial analysis and
- Ability to be flexible and work in a changing
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of
the job including Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid California Driver License, proof of
automobile insurance and meet the Agency?s safe driver guidelines.
- Sensitivity to the different cultures represented among
the students, their families and staff.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures of the Agency.
- Ability to model positive behaviors and Agency values.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Location: Pasadena, CA