ADOPTIONS CLINICIAN (Adoptions Experience Required)
Full-time (40-hours/week) position under the general direction of the Program Supervisor. Responsible for providing a wide variety of individual, family, and group therapy; case management counseling; crisis intervention; and advocacy services to families, children, and other clients in accordance with their specific therapeutic needs.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under clinical supervision, provides direct clinical and related therapeutic services to clients and/or their families documented on a progress note in timely manner per contract compliance.
- Gathering client's history, Assessing the needs of clients, formulating psycho-social diagnosis, and determining the most appropriate method(s) of providing treatment such as individual, family and group therapy; client advocacy, outreach, liaison services; art, music or movement therapy; supportive counseling and crisis intervention documented on a service plan completed in timely manner.
- Advocating for clients including court accompaniment, court translations, and supporting clients to successfully navigate the criminal and civil legal process or to ensure satisfactory placement of a child in a permanent, stable home setting, or foster care.
- Complies with productivity standards of the Agency and maintains an appropriate caseload to reach the weekly expectation of client contact and billable hours; maintains timely and appropriate case/progress notes per contractual standards.
- Participates in treatment team meetings (both internally and externally) to formulate psycho-social diagnosis and treatment plans that include individual, group/family therapy, and case management services.
- Participates in clinical supervision by coming prepared to discuss casework, accepts constructive feedback and puts feedback into clinical practice with clients.
- Establishes and maintains rapport and effective working relationships with child(ren), families, and community; works effectively within the Agency and social work community at large.
Position requirements include, but are not limited to:
- MFTI or ASW with current California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Registration required.
- LMFT or LCSW highly preferred (must maintain licensure as a condition of employment).
- 2 years' experience working in Adoptions
- Effective communication skills; Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Previous employment experience with children and families and working knowledge of the family patterns, child-rearing practices, special needs, traditions and values of the ethnic and cultural groups served by the program.
- Working knowledge of community resources that address the special needs of the client base.
- Current California Driver License, a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance carrier, and availability of a personal car with appropriate insurance which employee is willing to use for all Agency business, if needed; adhering to federal motor vehicle safety standards when transporting children.
- Computer skills sufficient to meet production demands of the job including Microsoft Office and WELLIGENT software for program notes.
Location: San Dimas, CA